How Sapient are we Homo sapiens- II

Different people live differently, they have different dreams and aspirations and I feel it's really dumb to judge people.
I would rather be free and wild like Amur Falcon than spend my life in and around a plot of land (I read it as cage!)
 
Currently am a Ph.D. student (Biological Science, U of A), many ask me for what job options are there after Ph.D. or where do I see myself after 10 years?

Well I have no answer most of the times cuz I dont know. Well one thing that I do know is that I will be doing what I love doing:
Wildlife Conservation

I believe that Wildlife Conservation cannot take place if we do not include the most basic and intricate human traits, if we do not include the needs, the culture of the locals be it tribals or not. A wildlife biologist can be done with biology of the species but for a true wildlife conservationist (depends also on the species/region) there is a need to take a step further. That being said, there have been a few (rare) brilliant wildlife conservationist who have refused to include "human-aspect" at all.

Who do you think causes more damage to environment: Local tribes or the Big Multinational Organizations. I am convinced that the tribals live in harmony with their environment rather being destructive but it is the "civilized" who think that those "savages" need to be taught what is "conservation".

After I complete my Ph.D. I plan on going around the world, having no money with me what so ever, live with different tribes, villages, forest people and learn their way of life, live their way! I am not convinced that sitting in a " # star" hotel i can make any decision regarding the locals, without knowing ground realities how can I go ahead?

Photo

Whenever I hear about man and environment in same context I see two types of statements:
  • Man causes disturbance
  • Economics of conservation or forest or environmental damage or.....
For a moment can we just keep "money" "economics" aside. As man is the only species going....
Money! Money money money!!!.... MONEY!!! MOOOOOONEY!!!

Is it only me or did somebody else also notice this!!!
Duh!

Can we look beyond and see:

                    

Are we that desperate for Ivory?

We talk about genocide etc etc but what do we care to think of what we are doing to the animals and birds we share this Earth with!

Man does not own Earth!!!! Man shares it with millions of other species!!! We look at Bears, Tigers, Snakes, Crocodiles and call them "Dangerous"!!!
OH! MY GOD!!! THERE IS A SNAKE!!!

KILL IT!!! KILL IT!!!
Am sorry! am a bit slow! Again who is dangerous? 

How many animals do we kill everyday and how many humans are killed by these  "Dangerous animals" ?

Remember all those hollywood movies where demons try to drive human populations to extinction. Well we are those demons... for the flora and fauna we are the demons.... for ourselves we are the demons!!!!

Well there is only one Earth!!! Let us go ahead and destroy it!!!! It will be fun!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight of the wingless bird

How I started producing Zero Waste

Communicating without Language